Monday, August 16, 2010

Pomodoro Inspired Pasta Salad

One of my favorite foods is Capellini Pomodoro.  It is a must have whenever we go to Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill.  We have an abundance of tomatoes available right now, so I went scouting for a recipe.  I ended up making the knock-off Macaroni Grill recipe found at Suburban Euphoria.  We loved it and had plenty left over.  While waiting for left-overs to reheat I tried it cold. I have one word - YUM! Sooo... time to make a Pomodoro inspired pasta salad.






3 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
2 pounds fresh tomatoes, diced - this translated to 6 small tomatoes
1 handful of basil leaves, sliced
1 box of penne pasta
1-2 peppers, diced
1/2 cup feta cheese with tomato and basil (or add more if you love cheese like I do)
1 cucumber, diced

  1. Heat olive oil in sautee pan (over medium-low) and add garlic; cook until white, about 2 minutes
  2. Add tomatoes, basil and Balsamic vinegar and heat through, stirring constantly, about 2 to 3 minutes. Tomatoes should not lose their shape. Remove from heat
  3. Transfer hot, cooked pasta to large bowl (I used the cooking pot)
  4. Toss pasta gently with tomato mixture
  5. After pasta mixture has cooled for a few minutes, add diced peppers and cucumber
  6. Allow pasta salad to cool and then add feta crumbles


I can't wait for lunch today!!!


Let me know if you try this and how you would change it.  I'm always looking for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment